As we look towards ‘Home Learning’, we have compiled a list of websites that we think will be useful to you at home.
NOTE: Please be aware of the American content. The advice that the creators give may be different of that to the UK Government.
- Times Table Rock Stars – practise times tables
- AR Book Find – check AR book levels
- GetEpic! – an online library which is accessible between 9am and 3pm
- Oxford Owl – Free online reading books
- Phonics Play – currently free.
- Ruth Miskin – Information to parents about Phonics
- 6pm — Stay at Home Story Time, a ~20 min. picture book read-aloud with Oliver Jeffers (Lost and Found author)
- 6pm — Brightly Storytime, a 5–10 min. picture book read-aloud
- 7pm — Jeff Norton reads a chapter (5–10 min.) of his sci-fi adventure novel Alienated
- Anytime – Josh Gad (voice of Olaf from Frozen) will virtually read a picture book as a bedtime story
Virtual Drawing Lessons
- 5pm – Lunchtime Doodles, a ~30 min. art lesson with Mo Willems (Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus)
- 6pm – Draw Every Day with JJK, a ~20 min. drawing lesson with Jarrett J. Krosoczka (Lunch Lady graphic novel series)
Music Classes & Performances
- 1pm – Music classes from Jam with Jamie (also uploaded for later viewing)
- 3pm – Daily music, movement, yoga classes, and more for pre-K/young kids from Union City Play in New York City
- 6pm – Stars in the House, a 60 min. performance and chat by various Broadway actors and other performers to raise money for out-of-work entertainers
- Various – Every night a new recording from The Metropolitan Opera is available to stream
- Various – A full list of live concerts streaming, varying from pop stars to operas